Welcome

Thank you for your interest in Cottage by Design. My products are made by me, by hand, one at a time with attention to detail. Being a "cottage" business, I am able to give you exactly what you need. It's a new way of shopping... a customized experience that precisely provides what you are looking for. Get the right item, in the right fabric, with the right specifications. I take great pride in what I do. My goal is to meet or exceed your expectations. I welcome custom orders. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to us building a rapport...

Sincerely,
Trish Banner

Follow me on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
714.350.3187
mrslemon@sbcglobal.net



Gifts for Baby: Blanket and Burp Cloths

My Mom recently asked if I would make a gift for a newborn. Gus, the grandson of her childhood friend, had safely arrived into the arms of his family. "Can you do something that has his name on it?" 

"Of course I can!" Happy to oblige...

Out to the stash of fabrics I went to see what I had. Now, my Mom had sent pictures of little Gus to me so I knew who the present was going to. The pictures showed a sweet little boy dressed in soft greens and yellow stripes. Another picture had him cradled in the arms of a cozy giraffe. Inspired by the animals, yellows, and greens, I was able to find a circus themed fabric.


From that fabric, I pulled a coordinating flannel backed satin to make a crib sized blanket. The circus print lined in the satin is a great weight for our California weather. I also made a set of burp cloths to help with all of the spills, drools, and diaper changes that new babies bring. And always one to listen to my mother, ; ), they were all embroidered with Gus's name in a playful font.



I had so much fun doing this for my Mom. We live so far apart so she doesn't get to see what I do all of the time. I got to make a special present that isn't in a store, but came from my hands. How cool is that? I love my "job."


: )

No comments: