Welcome

Thank you for your interest in Cottage by Design. My products are made by me, by hand, one at a time with attention to detail. Being a "cottage" business, I am able to give you exactly what you need. It's a new way of shopping... a customized experience that precisely provides what you are looking for. Get the right item, in the right fabric, with the right specifications. I take great pride in what I do. My goal is to meet or exceed your expectations. I welcome custom orders. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to us building a rapport...

Sincerely,
Trish Banner

Follow me on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
714.350.3187
mrslemon@sbcglobal.net



Super ruffly sofa slipcovers

I've been working for a while with Melissa, sewing slipcovers and pillows for almost every room of her house. This last assignment was to slipcover her sofa and loveseat. The original fabric had seen better days and she was wanting to change the style to something softer in color, a solid, but with lots of detail brought in with layers of ruffles. We chose a solid cotton canvas in a perfect shade to compliment her freshly painted walls.

The big reveal...


and what we started with...




Melissa asked for lots of ruffles. There are two rows of short ruffles on each seat cushion, longer ruffles on each of the square back cushions, and a fully gathered skirt gracing the bottom. We both LOVED it. With fresh inspiration, we worked up a sweat rearranging the room. It took four or five tries but we found a great flow that solved a few issues:
  1. opening up the view to the fireplace
  2. pulling the furniture off the walls (aka "spin art" decorating)
  3. making the room feel less like a long bowling alley and more like a conversational group
  4. brought in a textural rug that was larger and fit the space better


What a great day...I love what I do. And Melissa couldn't be happier!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks So Good!!. It always amazes me how it can end up looking like a completely different sofa!!. You do such beautiful work!!

Ange said...

Wow, I don't think I've seen a slip-cover quite liek this. The juts rug looks fantastic too.
Angex

Anonymous said...

Trish-I can honestly say that when I walk through the front door at the end of a long, hectic day at work, I am totally blown away by the transformation of my living room. You really listened to what I was asking for and the results are beyond my wildest expectations. This is really a room I am proud of and I have you to thank for bringing it to fruition!!!

Melissa in Yorba Linda